Job Vacancy in SUARAM: Right to Justice Program Coordinator
The Right to Justice Program aims to support victims of police abuse of power and violations of human rights. It focuses on advocacy, lobby and campaign for police reform to establish a professional, efficient and impartial police force. It also covers trainings on police powers and human rights.
- Plan, implement and coordinate advocacy and campaign initiatives on police reform and accountability
- Monitor and respond to cases of police abuse of power
- Provide support to victims of police abuse
- Lobby and campaign for the change of policy and legal reform for the respect of the police accountability right and other related human rights
- Organize capacity building program on police power training
- Work closely with local NGOs and international partners in the campaign
- Work closely with other staff to coordinate the campaign
- Report work progress to the Executive Director from time to time
- Conduct evaluation in the end of the year and come out with evaluation report and recommendations for improvement
- Represent the organization in meeting, conferences and other event when necessary
- Support other staff in their program when necessary
- Implement activities as requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Committed to human rights work
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- A good team player
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in conducting trainings would be an advantage.
Please submit application with a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) before 15 August 2014 to email@example.com.