Job vacancy: Executive Director
SUARAM (Suara Inisiatif Sdn Bhd), a non-governmental and non-profit organization based in Petaling Jaya and working to protect and promote human rights, is looking for an experienced and dynamic candidate with strong dedication and passion for human rights to fill the position of executive director of the organization.
The Executive Director (ED) functions as the head of the staff team, oversees the implementation of decisions and effectively manages the staff team so that it achieves the organisational goals and objectives. He or she will carry out these tasks in line with policy documents of the organization under the overall guidance of the Directors.
1. Implement the policy decisions made by the directors and inform the directors of progress
2. Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate organisational action plans and programs
3. Raise funds for the action plans and programs
4. Oversee the management of the office and develop its systems and policies
5. Supervise and manage the staff team
6. Supervise the financial situation and make periodic progress reports to donors
7. Maintain and develop external relations with partner organizations, government agencies and international organizations
8. Spokesperson of the organization
9. Meet with visitors that seek SUARAM for opinions and views
10. Attend to invitations from local and international organizations
11. Responsible for the quality of all outputs of SUARAM, including press statements, memorandums, reports, letters, etc
Qualifications and Criteria
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of human rights or related subject such as politics, social science, international relations, international law, development studies, Asian studies etc.
2. Minimum of 6 years practical experiences in the field of NGOs – preferably at the national level in the field of human rights
3. Preferably a minimum of 3 years leadership work experience in a human rights national organization/ program/ project management
4. In-depth understanding about overall socio-political situation as well as human rights situation in Malaysia
5. Mature personality; capable of building and maintaining a team of dynamic, effective and multi-cultural staff team
6. Excellent leadership and organisational/ programme/ project management skills
7. Self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking and ability to multi-task
8. Ability to work under pressure and to manage team work’s deadlines.
9. Good communication and public presentation skills in Malay and English
10. PC and internet skills for communications
Interested candidates are invited to send in applications with a detailed resume indicating current and expected salary and a recent passport sized photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com.